Latest News

Discipline over failings in drugs search

01.12.16 Discipline over failings in drugs search

Two police officers and a civilian member of police staff have been disciplined after searches of a man in police custody twice failed to find concealed drugs.

Man’s CS spray claims rejected

29.11.16 Man’s CS spray claims rejected

A man’s claims that a police officer struck him in the ribs after spraying him in the face with CS Spray during an alleged sectarian incident have been rejected following a Police Ombudsman investigation.

New information supports evidence of assault by RUC officers

24.11.16 New information supports evidence of assault by RUC officers

An investigation by the Police Ombudsman’s Office has found new evidence about an attack on a man, during which he sustained injuries which led to his death.

PDF: Full Public Statement

Planned drugs search of elderly woman's home was justified

Police had justifiable reasons for planning to search the isolated home of an elderly lady as part of a major anti-drugs operation, a Police Ombudsman investigation has concluded.

Officers disciplined over failings in assault investigation

Two police officers have been disciplined after a Police Ombudsman investigation found that virtually nothing had been done to investigate a report of an assault in a pub in Derry/Londonderry in June last year.

How to complain

If you wish to make a complaint about a police officer or member of police staff, please use our online complaint form, or call us on 0845 601 2931 (telephone calls may be recorded for joint protection, training and other lawful purposes).

Further information is available by clicking the links below:

People with Disabilities - click here

Historical Investigations

Information about the work of the Police Ombudsman in investigating incidents related to "The Troubles" in Northern Ireland between 1968 and 1998.

Read More

Information for Police Officers

Detailed information about the work of the Police Ombudsman's Office for police officers, including information about the complaints process, what happens if a complaint is made against you, and a detailed FAQ section.

Read More

Children & Young People

Information and videos about what the Police Ombudsman Office does, and what to do if you are a child or a young person and are not happy about the way you’ve been treated by police.

Twitter home